Re: (ET) ET and actual fuel costs

Good job with the math. Nice to know there's a operational financial advantage, although in my case, I will have somewhat more invested in my 30-year-old ET than in a typical shiny new ICE. For me it ends up being as much a lifestyle choice as anything. Over time I'll end up spending any energy savings in replacement parts & restorative work.

I wonder how long an E20 motor would typically last, & how much to rebuild? My John Deere 170 motor looks & runs like new (no oil use) but is 17 years old (and currently for sale!). I'd guess it would go another 17 given similar use & care.