(ET) conversion

Wombat, I've only heard about the E 90, never saw one. I would appreciate it if you would put up the pic you offered.

Do you happen to know the cutting diameter and number of blades on the deck? Does each blade have a dedicated motor? Does JD still offer electrical parts for these models?

I'm in the midst of an ill-advised short block replacement of a 12 hp Kohler powered 112. And I'm finding either parts for this are unavailable or very expensive. Today I bought a stud used to hold on the head: 3/8" diameter X maybe 2 1/2"--almost $5!!! May be time for a more DIY oriented alternative for cutting grass. TIA...

danz