(ET) 80 NiCDs in an E20

Just hooked up the second string of BB600 flooded NiCDs in my Elec-trak E20. I now have 80ah of power at 36 volts, without worrying about sag, perkeurt factors, or temps. When it's 0 degrees out I will have 80ah.

Performance: *wow*. If I thought the performance of the E20 was good before, it's even better with two strings of batteries. I can climb very steep hills in D without the voltage sagging below the white/green point. And when it gets to the top the meter does not budge. That's amazing. Run the tractor in speed 8, D2 and the pack is happily reading full full full. Very cool.

Next project is to get +24 volts for accessories and inverters. I think I'm going to just go with another set of 20 BB600's in the front in place of one of the T105's. That should give me 24 volts at 40ah without unbalancing the main pack. Charging it might be a problem; I guess I could use my DQ2003 based charge circuit running in parallel with the +45 volt main tractor power. Only problem is I would then need to put in a 120 volt relay to turn it on only when the tractor is plugged in. Then hm, how will I be able to solar charge?

Things to think about, things to do.

Chris