Re: (ET) New Trojan T-105

I've heard this elsewhere.  It seems that Trojan know best and we are all
supposed to get in line behind them.  Baaaa, baaaa, baaaa.

Bah.

I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but US Battery (also sold as
Interstate Workaholic) will supply batteries with whatever posts you want:
standard automotive, golf car combination, drilled combination, or L post.

Although I don't presently have US brand in my ET, I've used their
batteries
for years for road EVs, ever since I found out how expensive Trojans were
(my local Trojan dealer offered NO discount at all).

BTW, what Trojan are putting on the new batteries sounds like a shortened
version of golf car posts.  Golf car post aren't very good for high
current
road EVs because the studs tend to creep out of the lead post and loosen
over time.  With the ET's lower current demands, this shouldn't be as much
of a problem.  But is there enough clearance under the seat for the posts?

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "from" address above may not reach me.  To
send me a private message, please use "evdl at drmm period net."
We are a warlike people, and we love war.

           -- Michael Ledeen, American Enterprise Institute