(ET) New Trojan T-105

On Friday I discovered that the negative post on one of my T-105 batteries
in my C-185 had either sheared or melted off.
I went and purchased a new one, but discovered the tapered lead terminal
post was only about 1/2" high compared to my others at about an inch high.
This would not allow me to attach my standard automotive lug because it
barely grabbed the post before it bottomed out.
The stud sticking out of the top of the post wound up just flush with the
top of the lug, not allowing a nut and washer to be put on.
After calling the battery supplier, I was told to cut off the standard
automotive lug and put on a flat blade type and attach by bolting it to the
top of the post

He is telling me that this is how all the golf carts are installing their
batteries, and this is how all T-105's now come.

Thanks;
Dennis