Re: (ET) Tractor stuff & Manuals

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 03:37:52PM -0400, Christopher Zach wrote:
> Keith & Nancy Stieg wrote:
> >Just to let you know ,Bill did not sell out to the guy in Costa Rica!
> >The deal fell though, that's is what Bill told me last November!
> >I'm surprised that news traveled so slow. He was still selling a few
> >things
> >(stock) until January 15. - then the auction or the dump, not E-bay.
> >And the Manuals-----I don't think he would care if someone would copy
> >them,
> >or could do anything about it any way. You know he doesn't care if we
> >ever get a new part to keep our tractors running!
>
> You're kidding, right?
>
> Ah well. Unfortunate that he burned the bridges by closing down in such
> a direct and rapid manner. There were a number of things I would have
> bought from him.

I also spoke to Bill in November, and he sent me a form by which you
could theoretically buy things until mid-January. I did mean to get
some items, but the process he had set up was such a huge pain (he
wouldn't say what he had in stock, you had to fill out the form and
mail it to him, then in a few months he might tell you if he had it). I
thought it was almost as if he had designed it so no-one would buy
anything and he could justify his shutdown decision to himself.

Graham