(ET) Alltrax Info

Hi all,

Some of you may know this already, but for those who don't...

I had to send my Alltrax DCX 300 back to the factory for a replacement.
Seems the circuitry that controls forward/reverse went kaput.  Anyway, my
free replacement unit was set to throttle up a bit slower than I'd like, so
I decided to try hooking up a computer with the Alltrax software.

Very easy to use, and very good results.  I was able to speed up the
throttle "ramp up" with no problems.  The big news for me is that I found a
little check box in the software that says "Turbo".  A call to the Alltrax
factory confirmed that when this box is checked, the controller will enable
field weakening whenever it "sees" wide open throttle.

Seat of the pants testing makes me think that now my Alltraxed E20 is about
as fast as a "stock" E20.  I will try to get a voltmeter on the field leads
to see if it weakens the field as much as the stock setup does.

This may be good news for those of you who are top speed demons...

Steve

Alltraxed E20