Re: (ET) Electric Ox Review

If you are going to climb a grade that steep {or steeper, as I have.} the fundamental lesson that you will learn is that backing down the grade will provide a much less exciting ride than any other approach. <G> Having the mower deck on will reduce but not prevent the chance of the front wheels lifting from the surface. So, if you are going to conduct any gradability experiments, make certain that you do NOT have to turn at the apex of the grade, because you may not be able to. <VBG>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Olum" <kdo cosmos phy tufts edu>
To: <rimmer59 hbci com>
Cc: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) Electric Ox Review

I think you have the advantage that your grass is uniform, so the
wheels can push equally and the differential will not slip.  Mine is
very ragged -- tufts of grass and eroded areas around the grass -- so
there is much more unevenness between wheels.

Can you descend this grade?  I found descending with my E15 (either
with the motor or the brakes) that sooner or later one wheel would
track and the other would spin backwards.

                                       Ken