Re: (ET) mini bike

Thanks for all the input on this!

Ken and Ralph, you all found several sites I hadn't seen for small controllers, thanks.

Rod, the 4QD site does have a lot of information there - it's a great starting place. If I buy something I'll probably go to them just beacuse of their geat site.

Thanks Harry for the offer - If I don't buy something commercial, I'll probably try to roll my own. I'd apprecaiate any help or tips though! I believe the mower motor is nominally 1 HP - don't know what peak currents it sees. I need to figure that out. I'd like to plan for a 36V drive - probably 3 small sealed batteries. That will probably depend on what the local Battery Warehouse gets in used thats servicable. It's amazing what people throw away.......

Tim, I had looked at the Pukka. If I actually needed a mini-bike that's probably what I'd get. This is more of a learning exercice for me to learn more about building EVs (and get a toy to boot).

I'll keep the list informed!

- SteveS