Re: (ET) Power of DC - was (no subject)

Hmmm, my message got truncated, here's the rest...

> Yep, your right!
>
> I measured the field to be 15 ohms static. Ohms law says 36 volts and 15
> ohms is 2.4 amps.  So at 72 volts it will
still only suck 4.8 amps, and then only for a few seconds until the
controller starts to reduce the field. The
Curtis is capable of a 50 amp field for 2 minutes. But the motor isn't
capable of accepting it, the controller will
only provide what the motor will take. In order for it to take the full 50
amps the controller would have to hit it
with
50 * 15 = 750 Volts. That just ain't gonna happen.  This controller also
has a fully programmable four quadrant field
control, so I think it will be alright.

Thanks for asking though. I'd rather be challenged than do something
stupid, because I wasn't.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

Get your own FREE evgrin.com email address;
send a request to ryan at evsourcecom