Re: (ET) Power of DC - was (no subject)

I realize that not all of us on this list monitor the EVDL, so you may not
know. I am bringing a Jr. Dragster to the
Power of DC Event.  It is in pieces. We will attempt to build it and run
it all in one day. The Discovery Channel will
be filming the event, and I'm told they will have an extra camera to
dedicate to the Jr. build.

Anyway, why do WE care.....  The Jr. will be powered by an E-15 drive
motor being fed from 72v of Hawker AGM
batteries(60 lbs total, 1400 amp short circuit rating) through a Curtis
600 amp Sep-Ex controller.  I am going to try
to power it's 18 inch tires through a 2:1 chain reduction off the motor.
Which computes to something like 90 mph at a
motor rpm of 3350. Whether I get that fast or not will remain to be seen.

Oh yeeah, one more thing, I can't fit into the car. It will be piloted by
my 10 yr old son.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump

Get your own FREE evgrin.com email address;
send a request to ryan at evsourcecom