-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Klein Robert
W NPRI
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 1:22 PM
To: 'Tim Humphrey'; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Upgrading my battery cables

Let's face it.  I used and abused the snot out of my Wheelhorse C-185
(E-20) this last winter.  With all the snowblowing I did I really stressed
the machine... And it took it.  Now I'm back to lawnmowing and spring
maintenance; changed the transaxle fluid (probably the first time since
new) with 85-140 hypoid lube (boy does that stuff pour like molasses), and
adding a Landis charger.  My stock #2 battery cables definitely saw a lot
of current through them and one in particular feels like the jackets
slightly loose on the core.  Any reason not to replace them with #0
welding wire (with soldered lugs of course)?

Bob Klein

P.S.  I'm going to be traveling from Charlestown, RI in Ithaca NY and back
this weekend.  Anyone got a bucket loader they want to part with?  He he
he didn't think so!