Re: (ET) mover deck submerged.

Perry Cain wrote:
It was one of those great moments in history.  Working on the wiring of my
E12m.  Just got it running today. It seems to go only one speed forward and
one speed reverse. Reverse is clearly faster.

Hm. An E12 could either be a PM motor or a shunt wound one. If it's creeping slowly and has two big wires and two small ones it's probably a shunt.

Does it move along without pinning the ammeter?

Had the seat switch wired together.
Oh really bad idea....

Anyway, my question is, if you happened to submerge your mower deck in
water, and it takes about 2 hours to get out, what damage is done?
Well, you want to take the motors off and clean them out. Check the bearings; maybe put some oil/grease on them to replace anything that was washed out. Depends on submerged; did you drive the whole tractor into 4 feet of water? Dry everything including the deck upside down for a day or two in the sun.

Also take off the casters and repack them and the wheel sleeve bearings with grease. You probably washed all that off.

If so I wonder why it couldn't get out under it's own power.

Chris