Re: (ET) one speed, no power E20

Relay 4 kicks in when the voltage across the armature shunt (the metal strip in between the contactors down in the bottom of the control area) rises above a certain amount. This indicates that the armature is overloaded, and this causes a transistor/fet arrangement on card #4 to turn on this relay. When the relay goes on it bypasses the four field weakening resistors and lowers the armature current.

Thus it is off (not bypassing resistors) by default.

Chris
I am pretty sure the board (#4) is ok.  It looks almost new.  Someone with
better skills then me will have to meter it, if all else fails.

(I knew when I posted my first request for help this would turn into
another
Alltrax debate.  That's why I mentioned in the first post that I had
already
done an Alltrax conversion.  That's cool, I love to hear the various
opinions.)
Chris, thanks for taking the time to help me figure out my problem!!
No problem; I like this stuff. I'll read my wiring manual and suggest the places to look for 36 volts.

Also, how do I contact Howard? (unrelated)
Howard? Or Harold Z (cleanpower att net)

Chris