Re: (ET) one speed, no power E20

Perry Cain wrote:
Took my E20 out to mow, but I have only one speed.

Always fun. Does the speed come on when you first depress the pedal, or do you have to go into it to get it going? Is the ammeter pegged when you drive? How about when you go up a little hill?

There is no throttle, tractor runs at only 1 speed, and there is not a lot
of power.  The speed is not the slowest, but gets really bogged down on any
incline.  Not usable, really.

Sounds like either the field is disconnected or the tractor is running with all resistors in series.

But I still need help.
Help is on the way.

I have checked all the LARGE Solenoids, they all seem to work. I checked the foot throttle, seems to be working fine. (Also have tried
manually pressing the switches inside.)
Define work? If you put the tractor in neutral and depress speed one, do you hear a click? How about when you go to speeds 2,3,4? Clicks there?

Cruise Control does not work, but it never has....
That's easy to fix; we will do that later.

In the row of switches in the top, next to card 4 & 3...
First two switches activate when key is turned.  Third switch activates
when
throttle is depressed.  Fourth switch, (FW) never activates, from what I
can
tell.  I have replaced it, but the result is the same.  If I manually press
the fourth switch (while turning the motor, of course) it still does
nothing.

That sounds right. If you throw the tractor into reverse, then the third relay should not activate, correct? Least your basic wiring is good.

I have checked all the wiring running to the motor.
Check for voltage on the field. Make sure there is a nice 36 volts going down there. It should be 36 volts or so in speeds 1-4, dropping down as you hit 5-8.

I have two working tractors, an E12s and an E12m, one runs ok and the other
I did the Alltrax addition.  This E20 I kind of wanted to keep as an older
"pure" version, so I do not really want to put an Alltrax in it. (not to
mention the expense....)
Don't bother with an Alltrax. It's an E20 :-)

Chris