Re: (ET) Sleeve hitch

I agree wholeheartedly with the need for strength. However the #15 part is just part of the manual lift - it only attaches to the sleeve hitch with chains - so it adds no real strength to the hitch arrangement. One could probably fashion a hitch that would mount direcly to the axle/transmission - I believe there are mounting points. That aside; I 've had good luck with mine so far, and I've used it with a box scraper (with weights ) and my homemade rear dump bucket - both of which have pretty heavy static and dynamic loads.

- SteveS

Thomas Pattee wrote:

Hey guys,
The way you describe sounds like it'd work for a dethatcher, but if you're going to get into ground engaging stuff (Brinly plow, disc harrow,...), you might think about including the #15 assembly. It gives you an attachment point directly on the frame as opposed to the hanger which is 4 inches off. Toro does this with the clevis pin (p/n 20), but I'd drill/bolt through both stabbers. This comes from agricultural experience, where I'm always amazed at how easily tractors, even 15hp sub-compact ones can bend really thick iron. Tom