Re: (ET) Timer

Markus Lorch wrote:
> Chris,
>
> what happened to the Homelite chainsaw?

Nothing. I use it all the time. The Homelite saw has two minor problems:

1) It's only a 10 inch saw thus not great for cutting big logs/trees down

2) Running it all day does tend to unbalance the pack. Requiring me to charge each 12 volt block.

It's a great solution for the smaller jobs around the yard, like pruning trees or cutting down small ones. The chain speed is not too fast (small motor and gearing) but it is light, easy to carry, and does just chew away at anything you put it against. But a 20 inch log is the limit, and I have bigger trees out there to cut up for the fireplace insert.

In fact all the Homelite tools are great at 24 volts. The hedge trimmer is light and very powerful. The pruning saw is suprisingly useful; kind of like a sawzall on a stick. All run at 24 volts with no issues, the only one that will have a chance at unbalancing the pack is the chainsaw and only if you use it for an hour or two straight.

Chris