From: Kevin Matkoski [mailto:Matkoski aiUSA com]
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 7:59 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) (no subject)

Hello,

I just purchased a non-working GE Elec Trac 15. So, my first step was to
search the internet for any information I could find. As a result of that
search, I have joined this list as I know very little about the tractor at
this time.

Physically it is in very good shape with the exception of two tires. One
front tire has a sever case of dry-rot from being flat and sitting in a
muddy area. One rear tire has a sever puncture. It has only very minor
surface rust at wear points. Such as the ends of the bars where the mower
slides on and off.

All five batteries are completely gone.

So, before I start buying batteries and tires, I would like to perform
some
simple test to establish the actual condition of the tractor and mower. If
you know where I can find a service manual, it would be greatly
appreciated. If you have any suggestions on testing or where I should
begin, that would be appreciate too.

Thank you.