Re: (ET) design engineers

      Welcome to MY world, the day in day out grind of vehicle repair.
BTW the engineer that made that possible has a name that starts with "$" . BTW x 2 , I think that there are Heim® joints out there that should have enough articulation to do the job as replacements.

----- Original Message ----- From: "neil" <wombat dssinternet net>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2005 4:54 PM
Subject: (ET) design engineers

The inside knuckle of one of the tie rods had the nut come off (wonder why ?) so the tie rod fell out while wife was mowing - lucky she got stopped before hitting anything.

SO, easy fix, right {:-{. Nut goes between the sector gear and a steel plate with so little space they had to use a half-nut - and no way to take things apart. only took about an hour, good thing I've got small fingers - to get it back together.

I cheerfully would have taken that "injineeer" and stuff him in the slot. (;-')

wombat