Re: (ET) stuff

Isn't Ithaca close?

Speaking of wheelies....

 Yesterday I was skidding logs with my I-5(still have my chains on my
tires). Some parts of the trail were wet. I was
driving in L, my front wheels were bouncing on the ground as I would
"hook-up" then lose traction, then hook-up
again. At one point I was going uphill with a load on, the trail was soft,
wet sand in the center. Right where my
left tires were tracking. I was making pretty good progress.

 Considering that this particular point in the trail I couldn't get up 3
weeks ago, because it was too wet. I got to
the top, almost!! My front wheels were literally 6 inches from cresting
the hill and all I could do was spin. Had to
back down the hill, which was no small feat. The trail is only one and a
half ET's wide and I had a trailer on. I'm
not familiar with road grade values, but this hill is about a 50 degree
incline.

But, that was three weeks ago. Yesterday I tried it again. Anyway back to
the point where I said I was making good
progress.....  I was almost to the point where I got stuck 3 weeks ago.
Tooling along pretty good, front tires
bouncing rythmically up and down as the ET just chugged along. I couldn't
even imagine attempting this with an ICE
garden tractor, I would've stalled 237 times by now. Well, there I am
happily making progress, when suddenly my left
rear loses traction, my right rear hooks up and in a flash I'm
perpindicular to the trail. Now you might think OK just
back down a little, or turn and keep going. But, I'm pointing a sheer wall
6 inches in front of me, and behind me is a
10 ft drop. But to make a short story shorter, I had my son sit on the
tractor and hit the go pedal, when the front
end started to come up I just pushed the front of the ET sideways until it
was once again pointint in the right
direction. The we continued up the hill with me nudging the left side
forward when ever it started to lose traction.
Mde it up without incident. Cut 10 feet off a 16" hemlock and brought it
back to the sawmill. I'll cut it into slabs
today powering the sawmill, of course, with my ET.

--
Stay Charged!
Hump