(ET) Steering is much better with the right parts...

Ok, so as you all know I had the really lousy steering. Skips, all that sort of thing. I had a nice big home deopt washer in there with the cotter pin, hardly any play at all.

Well, I ordered a steering gear and shaft from Harold. He included a set of washers as well. Before taking off the old shaft I thought I would try the washers. Perfect snug fit they made with a new cotter pin.

And my steering is now perfect. No skips, no play, no problem. I highly recommend new washers, and pick up a spare shaft while you're at it. They may come in handy someday.

Nothing quite like having the right parts for the job... Next step on my tractor I think is going to be installing a switch on the dashboard and a relay in the back to power the sweeper with a front-mounted switch. Or maybe I will just tie into the front accessory plug and run wires from that to a rear plug.

Chris

Chris