From: Klein Robert W NPRI [mailto:KleinRW Npt NUWC Navy Mil]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 2:06 PM
To: 'neil'; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Mower/Ampmeter question

Well spring has sprung and the grass is thick and lush.  I installed the
mower deck on my WH C-195 (Electrak E-20 in Red)and have cut the lawn
twice (about .75 acre mostly flat).  I had changed the transmission oil to
80-140W and it sounds great.  Normal drive around meter readings in the
GREEN.  When I start the mower deck the amp meter runs in the RED.  No
drastic drops in the volt meter and the three motors sound smooth.  Any
ideas on diagnostics?  Should I measure the amp loads on each motor
individually to see if one's working harder?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Klein