Re: (ET) RE: relay replacement

TOM wrote:
I'm not sure this is pertinent but after this discussion of relays I checked mine out and noticed they are all cracked across the metal ban that holds them together. One thing I noticed is they are marked 10amp 115v AC go figure. Does anyone know of some OEM replacements? Is it alltrax time? Or will the ones from surplus Center work?

Yeah, that metal strap is failing on one of mine. However I closed the lid on another and broke apart the front contacts, so I was able to make one relay out of two :-)

The surpluscenter relays are very very nice. And they work great from a mechanical point of view.

However they don't have a mounting screw hole to speak of; I took the top off one, used the plastic to make a hole for a screw. Works for *now* however I'm getting a real replacement from Harold.

If the relay were to break loose and roam around in there that would be a *bad* thing. I suppose we could make some straps to hold them down, but at some point it might be a good idea to replace them properly.

Chris