RE: (ET) Re: deck motors tripping

I clean, scrape and grind the surface as best I can then prime. I have
had good luck with appliance epoxy paint. I use white because it' easy
to see what you have cleaned and what you have missed under there. The
epoxy paint last about 1.5 years. I am sure someone has a better paint
but the local mega mart has the stuff in spray cans.

The fiber washers on the mower hub is a slip device to supposedly
protect the motor.

A "sand meter" is a solid state volt ohm meter "multi meter". Old timers
who work with DC will prefer a Simpson 260 volt meter
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2715 to check diodes and such.

  Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen
Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378
812-855-5367
Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net http://wb9tlh.ampr.us
"Ignorance is treatable, with a good prognosis. However, if left
untreated, it develops into Arrogance, which is often fatal." -- Lee
Hart