(ET) Mower deck, Peerless transmission, and ZEN mowing.

I especially like the response " check to see if the grass is mowed". Kudos to that gentleman for his common sense (must be a real engineer). Now as to the technocrat, can't leave it alone type, how about a shunt on top of each motor with leads running back to a bar-graph display ... maybe a circular display in the shape of the mower deck. Could be simple if you used a PIC processor with on-board 8-bit A/D's. Just an idea.
Also, is Peerless still around?  Is their a website for them?
I hope that you all believe in "ZEN Mowing" ... think about it. If I ever wrote a book, I would have to call it the "Mans guide to ZEN mowing".

John