Re: (ET) weight box

I too have a weight box - it was used as an add on battery box and to counterweight a front end loader. It has a set of arms that slid into the frame rails - like the mower "bumper" does on the front. There are set screws to lock the weight box frame rails in place that screw into the weight box rails after installation from the inside - very awkward. However, a prior owner added a tow bar extension to the weight box - a piece of pipe that is clamped to the weight box with a U-bolt and is pinned to the original hitch with a bolt. It also serves to secure the weight box in place and is more convenient that the set screws. At the back end of the box, the extension has a tongue welded on the pipe.