Re:(ET) Mower questions

John,
When you look at the clutch body (blade mounting hub) you do not see the
end of the motor shaft. The "staked" part you see is all part of the
clutch body and does not disassemble. Thread a 5/16 NF bolt into the
hole,put a bearing splitter under the clutch body,and utilize a wheel
puller,putting the jaws on the bearing splitter and the forcing screw on
the 5/16 bolt.
 You MUST press/force on the 5/16 bolt to get the clutch body off!!!
 There IS a key in the clutch body.It is a square type key.
 Sincerely,
Harold Zimmerman
Dear fellow electron motivators,

I am now the proud owner of a not-so-new E-15.  In reasonable shape,  with
rust to deal with around the base of the battery compartments ...  as
expected.  I have started to work on the mower motors as the  bearings are
bad and need to be replaced.  The case came apart without  too much
trouble.  The top bearing is firm on the rotor shaft, and I am  soaking
the shaft with diesel oil before I try and pull the bearing.   The blade
mounting hub must come off before the lower bearing can be  removed.
There is evidence of a woodruff key slot, but no key, and the  hub appears
to be "staked' onto the motor spindle.  I am planning to  put the rotor in
the lathe, and machine off the mower blade hub.  I am  then planning to
machine a new hub from SS.  The brushes appear to be  in good shape as are
the communtators.  Where is the best place to get  new bearings and temp.
switches?

John