Re: (ET) Time for a NiMH Elec-trak - Amp hours

Depends on how long you need it to run.
5 years ago I replaced 6 6v's with 3 Hawker SBS60's, which is plenty to plow snow, cut grass, etc on my 1/2 acre, reduced the weight significantly for less impact on the lawn, and no battery maintenance.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John B Reinhard" <reinharj frontiernet net>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 1:31 AM
Subject: Re: (ET) Time for a NiMH Elec-trak - Amp hours

Aren't our typical Trojan Golf cart batteries rated about 200 amp/hours ?
so our packs are 36v @ 200 amp/hours ?
Chris wants to try a pack that is 1/4 of that ?
am I understanding this correctly ?

Should be lots lighter anyway . . . if that is what you want
But in the case of a tractor, we are always talking about MORE weight over
the traction wheels, etc.

I wonder if these NMH batteries can take recharge like the Panasonic NMH
cordless drill packs - full recharge in under an hour !
What does that do to charge cycle life ?
What is the charge curve ?
All the cordless battery packs have a temperature sensor inside them - to
prevent overheating the pack when pushing charge rate to the max.
I think you would want same thing trying NMH batteries on Elec-Trak.

----- Original Message ----- From: "RJ Kanary" <rjkanary nauticom net>