Re: (ET) New batteries in E20

Did you check your battery posts immediately? They might have been very warm from a loose connection or wire. You wouldn't have noticed with the old pack since it was toast.

4 speeds indicate a relay problem or overloaded shunt.

Chris

Kleinbrahm, Bob wrote:
I procrastinated long enough on this, so I went ahead and purchased a
new set of US Batts 2200's for my E20.  My tractor is up in the
California Foothills in the Gold Country, which has had a ton of rain
this year.  Rain = Weeds^ big time around here and I needed to be
prepared for the season.  Pulled the old set out, which I purchased used
from golf cart shop 3 years ago, and plopped the bran new puppies in.
Batts were charged to 80% from dealer so I plugged in the Landis
controlled stock charger and let it charge overnight.  Next morning I
placed my plow attachment on tractor and moved serveral piles of downed
tree limbs over to the burn pile.  Plenty of power now with no problems
in the 2 hours this took to push piles around.  Next I took plow off and
attached the front mower deck and started to cut approx 2 acres of foot
high growth.  Problem started shortly after this which I noticed upon
going up inclines on the property.  I used to cut in L with no
noticeable change in tractor speed going up or down hills.  My cruise
control went out a few years ago and I have not fixed it yet.  This time
when I started to go up a hill, the tractor immediately started loosing
speed.  Power gauge looked normal with no dip that would indicate loss
of electrical power.  On a couple of small hills I actually had to drop
into LL to continue on, this is with the mower still running.  I seem to
have only 4 speeds forward now which may be indicative of relay
problems?  Has anyone had a similar thing happen to them after replacing
batteries?  Could I be in need of a new #4 card?
Thanks, Bob Bob Kleinbrahm
Senior Network Engineer
First Republic Bank
San Francisco, CA.