Re: (ET) Alltrax Idea

My Q4D Pro-120, in my E20, works just that way...when I let up on the accelorator, I see the amps gauge show positive while the tractor is dynamically braked. In low gear, while on a hill, the dynamic braking will only allow the tractor to creap ever so slowly. I know you would like it once tried...I rarely ever use the brake now.
Tim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen & Carol Welch" <welches paonline com>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:58 PM
Subject: (ET) Alltrax Idea

Hi all,

So here's an idea for you Alltraxers:

The stock Alltrax setup provides for regenerative braking when the brake
switch is activated.  Why not wire things so that the regenerative braking
is activated whenever the throttle returns to the closed position? That way
the tractor will begin slowing itself automatically without use of the
brake...

Would there be a way we can connect things to enable this without
reprogramming the unit?

Seems like it would be nice, kind of like compression braking in a car.
Anyone see a downside?

Steve Richardson, if you're listening, whaddya think?

Thanks,

Steve
E-20