Re: (ET) E20 lacking power - field voltages

Interesting... speed 5 is notably different. Whoever posted this originally didn't show the field voltage dropping until speed 6 so something may be amiss with speed #5. A smaller issue is why speeds 1-5 show up 3 volts below pack voltage when there should be no resistors involved at that point.

SteveS wrote:
I was looking thru the troubleshooting guide and I noticed a table of field voltages at different speed settings - we were discussing these last week:

Speed   Aprx DC voltage
1           36
2           36
3           36
4           36
5           22
6           15
7           10
8            6

Looks like your measurements fall in pretty close.

Based on Steve's suggestions I did some measurements
this evening. The following table shows the voltages I measured in the different speeds with the transmission
Speed    Armature     Field    Battery
1         29.8        34.5      37.5
2         30.6        34.4      37.3
3         31.6        34.4      37.3