Re: (ET) fusible link and Alltrax conversion

On 1 Mar 2005 at 10:28, et jpjt net wrote:

> Where do I get replacement bulbs for the headlights?

I got mine at a NAPA auto parts store.  I don't recall the number, but
it's
stamped on the brass base, and it was a standard number according to the
counterman.  I think I paid a buck and a half or two bucks each, something
in
that range.

> Am I right in thinking that their two bottom contacts are
> insulated from the bayonet body?

Yes, the lights have to float above chassis ground to maintain battery
pack
isolation from ground.

> Is there a better alternative for
> headlights?

Maybe, but whether it's worth pursuing depends on how often you use the
lights and whether you find the current ones suitable.  They work fine for
me
most of the time, though once in a while I'd like to have something rather
brighter - though not in quite the way yours brightened up (ouch).  Thanks
for
the warning.