(ET) Brakes repaired

Took off the wheel on the E20 and replaced the brake pads. It is a bit of a pain process; the key is to also take off the bolts securing the transaxle to the tractor on that side. With the transaxle down a bit removing the top bolt is easy.

Sure enough the outside pad was gone. The metal plate was still there, so instead of replacing the whole caliper I simply put new pads in and tried the pins from the spare caliper I had. They're nylon instead of steel; we'll see how they work. I put a trace of grease on them to help them ride in the holes.

Tractor brakes *very* well now. I suppose one just has to replace the brakes every 3-4 years with normal use.

Chris