RE: [SPAM] Re: (ET) Charger repair.

Wow Steve,

I learned something new today. Thanks for that link.
Actually I was hoping to continue using my elec-trak charger as
a bulk charger when back in Germany with a 1000VA step-down
transformer. However we have a 50Hz AC frequency there
and from the description of the ferroresonant transformer it
looks like this may be a problem as it is probably tuned to
the 60Hz used in north america.

Do you have any thoughts on how complicated it may be to
adapt the charger, I had hoped that in the long run I could
adapt/rewind the primary winding to the 230V used in Europe
but I would probably also have to do something with the
compensation winding which may make the whole thing too
much of an effort. I guess I'll then be better of with
using a more modern switching charger or get me a standard
transformer. Any suggestions?

Markus