(ET) Re: [Elec Trak Garden Tractors] Snow Blower Performance

    I converted a craftsman blower to my E20.  I run the thrower about 1000 to 1200 rpm.  It will throw dry snow about 25 to 30 feet, and wet snow about 15 feet.  If you run it without snow it should blow a lot of air out the chute.  Its the air that carries the light snow.  I found that If the wet snow is moving fast it will not stick to the chute.  If I feed the snow in to fast it will slow the rotor below 600 rpm and the snow will stick.  My chute is rusty too.  If it is not running fast enough, are you getting 36 volts at the motor terminals?  Are the motor bearings, armature and brushes in good condition?

Good Luck

stphngeorge wrote:

I'm using my snowblower for the first time this year on my E20.
(new bateries + Altrax)

It's working great but perhaps someone can advise me on the
following...

THe blower spins freely by hand and the motor has lots of torque but
it doesn't throw the snow far. Dry snow it throws just clear of the
wheels and wet snow just blocks the thrower funnel.

Is something amiss?

There is some rust inside the funnel but nothing I'd have thought
would be the cause.

Do they all perform like this?

Any advantage to changing the sprockets to increast the rpm?

All help appreciated

Steve