Re: (ET) Any takers? Sounds like a scam but who knows?

Hmm, not much to go on in the description - we have to take his word that
it's
"working out really good in [his] electric vehicle."  Which he may have
actually built: a
web search on "installerjack" turns up a couple of classified ads from
late in 2004
looking for a glider.  FWIW, It also turns up this page:

http://www.solarandwind.com/contact.htm

Wild guess: he's built a mechanical PWM device, using a modified
commutator from a
starter motor, driven by another motor.  Envision a commutator where the
segments
are cut into triangles, so at one end of the com the segments are close
together, and
at the other they're far apart.  With something like this, the commutator
is just a big
switch.  You spin it and vary the duty cycle by moving the brushes fore
and aft.

The idea is an old one; I believe it was tried on a few EVs early in the
20th century. It
was also advocated for hobbyist EVs about 30 years ago in a couple of
magazine
articles.  So (if I'm right) it's no wonder he can't patent it.  Note that
I'm just guessing
at this; it could be anything.