Re: (ET) Chris's Ground Fault

Don't you find it kind of coincidental that your bad battery is also the
one connected to your ground fault?

Yes. Reason being this is a ground fault that can cause wires to melt. Good sized wires. If it was dust/SO from the batteries one would have a somewhat high resistance connection to ground, so max current would be less than that to melt a wire.

1. Does the ground fault still exist if you disconnect your monitor
circuit?

Yes. I pulled all 8 fuses on the back (all wires are fused since it is technically a floating neutral ladder). All fuses are right next to the batteries, are 100ma in size, and are hooked to 22 gauge wire anyway.

2. If yes. Pull the battery and give it a good wash down. Inspect the case
for a crack. Re-install it into a different position and see if the fault
moves.

I'll do that in a few weeks anyway as I need another battery.

3. Are your batts in bags?
Yes, factory liner.

Chris