-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Christopher
Zach
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 9:13 AM
To: Klein Robert W NPRI
Cc: Elec-trak list
Subject: (ET) Re: Dead on the road

Ok, let's see:

When you push down on the throttle with the gear in neutral, does the
motor spin slowly and at the same time is your current meter way over in
the red?

Ifso, simple problem-o; the field is not being energized. The motor will
still turn a little in neutral because there is a small compensation
field in series with the armature, but nowhere near enough to move the
tractor, and the weak field will cause the armature to draw a lot of
current.

Start by checking your relays, especially the one over to the right
(looking down from the top while in the driver's seat). My guess is one
of them is not connected, or at worst case you unpluged the field wire
at the motor somehow.

Chris