Re: (ET) current shunt

doing a search in the list archives for "shunt wire resistance", the 5th result is from Tom Coate
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002

Click on that link and the answer is there:
"According to my wire table, standard annealed copper wire, 6 AWG, has a resistance of 0.3951 ohms per 1000 feet at 68 degrees F. So... the 20 inch length in the tractor should have a nominal resistance of 0.0006585 ohms. I don't know if they count on some resistance from the terminals on top of that. In any event, it's not a lot! So good connections make a huge difference."