To: "Elec-trak list" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 2:41 PM
Subject: (ET) Totally dead E20, thoughts?

Well, while blowing the rest of the snow this morning my E20 totally died. Here's what happened:

Drove up to top of hill. Put E20 in reverse. Put E20 in forward, motor dropped out.

Checked fuses, control fuse was blown. Replaced, blew, etc. Rolled down to bottom of hill.

With a new fuse in, I can sit down, watch the two relays seal in when brake off, seat switch engaged, key on. But when I press down on the throttle I hear the click of 1A closing, motor starts for a microsecond, then the control fuse blows out hard (big flash, etc).

Any suggestions? Otherwise it's dead till spring.

Chris