(ET) Fast Reverse Speeds

I don't remember who it was,but someone had posted about having his
reverse and forward speeds reversed and actually liking the faster reverse
speeds. Someone else then warned him something to the effect that he would
be running armature current through the resistors much of the time and
would end up with a red hot hood.
 Again,I don't remember what model he was working on,but I am here to tell
you that with the exeption of the E12,EGT120,E14,B-145 family,High speed
reverse on the Elec-Trak tractors does Not run through the resistors but
is full 36V to armature and full 36V to field.
 If I ever want badly enough to have a higher reverse speed I would
probably wire a switch and a resistor or resistors of the same type as
used for forward field weakening,in series with the motor fields to
achieve the same effect in reverse.
 Sincerely,
Harold Z.
Ephrata PA