Re: (ET) A funny thing happened on my way to a new relay

Title: Re: (ET) A funny thing happened on my way to a new relay
Hi,
I don’t know much about electricity buy if I manually move the reversing switch to the left but push the “throttle” forward, I get all speeds in reverse with my E-15. Maybe you just need to have a switch for direction. You would have to figure out some way that you could not change direction when power is applied.
Dean A. Stuckmann

Hi, all,

I think I might have to do some customization.

I got a little sloppy the other day, and fused the contacts on the reverse relay. (Every couple of years I have to relearn the same g****m lesson, it seems.) In the dark and cold, I goofed a little replacing connections after putting a new set of contacts in... and wound up with my f/r controls reversed. That is to say, on this ol' E-15, if you pushed the lever forward, you'd go backward, and if you pulled the lever into the reverse range, you'd go forward. And the tractor will go as fast backward as forward used to!

The funny thing is that I am *delighted* to have such speed backing up during snow-blowing season. I miss having a little more speed in the low gears going forward, but a speedy return for the next pass is a real pleasure!

It may be time to hack a little to make fwd and reverse *both* have speedier capability.

in Boston, where it's colder than usual but not as cold as some have it,
-Max