Re: (ET) external charging

Do them in pairs, as everyone else has suggested.

In the meantime, what is the internal charger putting out, voltage-wise? The problem is almost always low voltage, causing the batteries to only get to 40 volts or so. Replace big capacitor and you're in business.

The other problems are the diodes (rare, but the wire could break on one) or the timer switch. If the timer you can either hot wire around it, or take it apart and fix it yourself. On mine the contacts were simply burned up after 30 years; a simple 2 minutes with an emery board and re-assembly and it works like new.

Chris

JimLuckett aol com wrote:
Internal charger just stopped working. What do I have to do to use a regular 12-volt external charger? Can I just do them in pairs without disconnecting them from the others and from the tractor? Or do I have to undo the connections at the terminals?

Jim Luckett
120 Avebury Circle
Boxboro, MA 01719
978 263 7598