Re: (ET) Elec-Trak.Com updates - Arc Welder Manual - Great starter info on Arc Welding - Still need results of Bob Klein's work

From what I have heard it is basically a box with three band resistors, and an overheat clixon to shut down if the resistors get too hot. Think the resistors on the front of an E-12 to E-20 for examples.

Not really complicated to be honest. It's basically a short that is modulated by the resistors.

Chris

So, I can't wait to see what Bob Klein finds inside the box. ( maybe just a few 200 amp rated nichrome ribbons ? )