Re: (ET) ElecTrak Welder on e-Bay - and related ElecTrak powered Welders - Ready Weld, GoWeld, etc

I check those three Ebay listings and all were cancelled/withdrawn - but a
few similar ones showed up with new search.
A problem with these is lack of power control.
Tapping the pack at 6 volt steps is not as precise as I would like, AND we
keep running into the unbalanced pack problem.
Another company - Broco - makes a similar product called GoWeld.  It seems
to be a step up in that it has microprocessor based PWM motor speed
control.
They also list/picture a Voltage Control Unit - but price is not listed,
and
they did not respond to my email a month ago asking about the unit.

I already own 2 old Airco Spool Guns - rated 100% duty cycle at 250 amps !
Plus, I have tank, regulator, extension cable, etc

The only part of the system I need is the power control (hence my interest
in what's inside the 2 range ElecTrak Welder unit - maybe just a large load
resistor and or inductor ?).

I expect a modern solid state unit to be very similar to an AllTrax motor
control - but maybe with a LARGE inductor.

If anyone on this list knows how to do this (PWM voltage/current control
unit adapted for MIG welding), please let me know.

Thanks,
John