Re: Subject: (ET) Rofan Tractors

Howdy,
I work for an airline, and have seen these aircraft tugs in action.  I was standing on the ramp recently chatting with someone when I sensed something very large and heavy behind me.  I turned and there was a very large tug moving into position to tow an aircraft, and unlike all other tugs, this one was virtually silent.  Despite the feats of strength exercised by my e-15, I was still very impressed by the abilities of this big electric tractor, capable of easily and smoothly moving airplanes weighing a quarter of a million pounds and more.  Turns out that United Airlines has literally hundreds of electric drive baggage and aircraft tugs operating all over the world, with great success.
SteveA
e15