Re: (ET) Snowthrower and weights

If any of ya are nervous about paralleling two different battery packs,
I'll bet you could come up with a way to run the blower on the batteries
in the weight box rather than off the tractor's batteries.

>>> Chris Zach <czach computer org> 12/1/2004 7:19:24 PM >>>
Yah, I'm taking a note from this and will be wiring all of my Hawkers
in
series with the main pack via a cable and plug to the accessory port.

That should help out with the snow blowing capacity; blowing snow is
the
only time I have ever run the pack down to dead (as in the blower would

not power up)

Chris

Max Hall wrote:

> Time for my annual active-batteries-as-counterweight post!
Fa-la-la-la-la. I
> have six T-105's out on the back of the tractor. See
> http://www.maxmatic.com/electrak.htm. Those six are strung in series
with
> each other, and that six-battery string is in parallel with the six
> batteries in the tractor. Good counterweight, and it adds greatly to
the
> throwin' time. I suppose because of all that Peukert stuff it might
be
> better than a factor of 2, but I never run the packs down all that
far.

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents
attached to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It
is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone
else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be
taken, in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of
this message (and the documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard
copies you may have created and notify me immediately by replying to this
email. Thank you.