Re: (ET) Snowthrower and weights

Yah, I'm taking a note from this and will be wiring all of my Hawkers in series with the main pack via a cable and plug to the accessory port.

That should help out with the snow blowing capacity; blowing snow is the only time I have ever run the pack down to dead (as in the blower would not power up)

Chris

Max Hall wrote:

Time for my annual active-batteries-as-counterweight post! Fa-la-la-la-la.
have six T-105's out on the back of the tractor. See
http://www.maxmatic.com/electrak.htm. Those six are strung in series with
each other, and that six-battery string is in parallel with the six
batteries in the tractor. Good counterweight, and it adds greatly to the
throwin' time. I suppose because of all that Peukert stuff it might be
better than a factor of 2, but I never run the packs down all that far.