Re: (ET) Snowthrower Yahoo!

Klein Robert W NPRI wrote:
Well, I hooked everything up last night and threw the switch. Let me tell you
> a C-185 with a snowthrower is HEAVY!  Holy Cow!  What a monster!

Yep. Worse than that, it's all on the nose of the Elec-Trak, especially when you've got the thing lifted with the lift. Then it's a point weight ahead of the nose.

Wait till you power it up and see what it does to your battery pack :-)

And I definitely need rear wheel weights to make it heavier and to help
with rear tire traction.

I strongly recommend putting some serious weight as far back on the tractor as possible to balance it out. With all that weight on the nose you put a lot of stress on the front wheels and steering will skip to say the least.

I weigh down the back with the weight box filled with old Hawker batteries. I can fit 12 batteries back there, which is about 250lbs. Since you're moving around a moment arm (the rear wheels) the further back behind the wheels you can put the weight, the better.

Chris