(ET) tiller

On mine, I have never used springs, just a double loop on the strap. Biggest problem has been breaking straps, finally went to nylon horse leads. It comes up kinda slow but hasen't hurt the lift motor yet. The one I lost were on the blower.

Now, having said that, I'll have to take a look as to whether springs would even be feasible. Could also cause a problem with the tiller "floating" in heavy ground, it sometimes cuts less than full depth as is.

wombat